Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I Hate Goodbyes


As I sit here listening to Billie Holiday, procrastinating about packing my suitcase I realize how sad I am to say goodbye to Berlin.  I never dreamed I would feel so comfortable in a foreign country, but as usual life throws that curveball opening the door for more experiences.  I am delighted that I was able to spend time with Berliners living how they live.  Those are experiences I will cherish the most.

The historical aspect alone was amazing.  Berlin is a country that has been through many rough times and experienced a plethora of negativity.  Berliners do not seem to focus on the petty issues that truly don't affect them as a society.  They are very accepting of everyone and seem to let each person lead his or her own life.  It was refreshing to see how people treated each other.  Those living here seem to live life by getting out to enjoy life.  They live to live.

I will never forget my first time in this country and I look forward to many more travels here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment