Thursday, May 24, 2012

Birthday In Berlin

I was able to spend my birthday eve with my whole group of fellow travelers and we had a wonderful night.  The night started with dinner Ming Quah, a Thai restaurant with fantastic food that was very reasonably priced.  After a couple of beers and some food we headed to Dr. Pongs, a local dive bar with a single ping pong table.  It was nice to experience a place where the locals hang out and enjoy entertainment.  Of course before we went in I noticed a small vintage shop and found a wonderful leather messenger bag.  I was happy to converse with the locals.  They are some of the nicest people I have met.  The men just say thank you if you tell them they are attractive and seem perfectly fine with the fact that another man is telling them so.  The evening concluded with a small group of us finding a late night eatery and munching on great food.

The next morning on my actual birthday I got to go shopping with a couple of friends I made on the trip.  It was a hot day and we spent plenty of time walking, but it was worth it to see the store of one of my favorite designers, Hugo Boss.  The store was the créme de la créme of any store I have ever been in, and the sales associates could have been models for the brand, which added to the luxury of being in the store.  I felt privileged to just walk through the store and be able to touch and feel the quality of clothing made by such an amazing fashion house, especially a brand that was German born.  

1 comment: